In return, we would like you to:
- Participate in your dental treatment, particularly any advice about prevention and diet that we have asked you to continue at home
- Arrive on time for your appointment. Please give the practice at least 24 hours’ notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. We may charge for missed appointments where we have not been notified OR (for NHS patients) If you miss an appointment on more than one occasion without letting us know, we may need to review future provision of treatment for you at the practice
- Inform us of any changes to your medical history
- Make us aware if you change your name, address or telephone number
- Treat our staff courteously; they will do their best to help meet your needs. Violent or abusive patients will not be seen at our practice.
- Return to the practice for routine recall appointments as requested by the dentist. Failure to contact the practice for a period exceeding 2 years will result in you being considered a new patient and you may not have access to routine or emergency appointments. Subject to individual practice availability.
- Complete any outstanding payments at the end of each visit.